The roof installation by a professional roofer, for residential and commercial purposes, follows a set process-
- Removal of old roofing- The first step of the process is to remove the old and damaged roofing. This is an important step, as many people just install the new roof on top of the old one. This is not recommended, as it results in the increased weight on the roof which is not good for the health of the roof. In the long run, it might result in more damage on passage of time.
- Proper Inspection of the roof- After the removal of old roofing, it makes sense to inspect the roof properly for any shortcomings in the structure, if there is any moisture present and if the roof has any mold or mildew infestation.
- Ice protection- The next step entails the protection of the roof from ice, if the building is in the area where it snows. The ice and water shield should be installed properly, even if the snow is present for only part of the year. This sticky substance adheres to the sheathing and then can be nailed down for additional support.
- Drip edge-The drip edge can be overlaid in two parts of roof installation, firstly, for the lower part, it goes before the underlayment, and for the sides once again with the drip edge. By doing this we are protecting the roof from any damage caused by water running.
- Roofing underlayment- Roofing underlayment, whether felt paper or synthetic, protects the roof from moisture. The synthetic underlayment is comparatively more durable as well as effective.
All the above mentioned steps are chronologically followed by our professionals, who give you the best quality of work in the Brampton area in Ontario. We are known as Kyroofing and we provide you with best services at the lesser rate than any other in the industry of commercial roofing. Call today, to get a quote.
Brampton’s Leading Roof installer
Kyroofing is Brampton’s leading roof installer. We boast of certified professionals who could do your job properly and perfectly. We even give best rates and discounts to our clients.
Roof installation is one of the most important parts of house building and even renovation. And one of the costly ones too. There is a wide number of variety in the types of roofs that can be installed-
- Asphalt Shingle Roofs
- Built Up Roofing
- Clay Tile Roofs
- Concrete Tile Roofs
- Copper Roofs
- Corrugated Metal Roofs
- Foam Roofing
- Green Plant Roofs
- Metal Roofs
- Rubber Slate Roofs
- Slate Tile Roofs
- Solar Shingle Roofs
- Standing Seam Metal Roofs
- Stone Coated Steel Roofs
- Tar and Gravel Roofs
- Tin Roofs
- Wood Shake Roofs
- Wood Shingle Roofs
All the above mentioned roof types have their own pros and cons, which must be given their due consideration before making the decision for the material which should be used in your building.
All the characteristics, such as cost, durable, effective, looks, finish etc. play an important role in the decision.
Residential and Commercial Roof Installations
All your roofing needs are met by Kyroofing in Brampton, Ontario area. The residential and commercial roof installations have their own set of challenges.
There are many differences between residential and commercial roof installations, such as-
- Scale- The most obvious of differences is scale. The residential roofs tend to be small whereas the commercial ones are generally bigger.
- Process- The residential roofing is a pretty straightforward process, with the only obstacles, in the form of chimneys and solar panels. On the other hand the process of commercial roofing requires the knowledge of air flow systems, external pipings, smokestacks etc.
- Structure- The commercial roofs are considerably larger and require different materials, load requirements, and even fixtures than their residential counterpart. Commercial roofs must be able to bear more load than the residential building and its construction requires comparatively sturdier and strong materials and because of its sheer size requires a large number of crew members for its installation.
- Sloped or flat- The flat roofing type requires regular inspection, but for commercial buildings generally flat roofing is chosen. In case of residential roofs, generally a slow sloped roof is used.
- Form vs Function- The residential building is generally made to look more beautiful than the commercial ones. As the design of the house depends on the taste of the house owner and also not much heavier form of room is required for the building. The commercial building on the other hand has to be heavy duty and able to withstand the daily activity taking place within the building. Commercial buildings don’t usually consider the aesthetics that much.
- Cost- The cost of the commercial roofing considering the heavy material used and for the sheer size of the building is undoubtedly much higher than the residential roof using the light materials for its functioning and is much smaller in size.
- Materials- Generally the commercial buildings use roofing materials that include single-ply membranes and metal panel roofing.The residential roofs on the other hand have much more aesthetically pleasing options that are comparatively less sturdier than commercial ones.